[et-mgmt-tools] Kernel panic while booting rhel4 via pxe

niyaz chistee prime.provogue at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 10:51:39 UTC 2007

Thanks for quick response. This is my cobbler --report:
distro          : rhel4
kernel          : /media/hda6/rhel4/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
initrd          : /media/hda6/rhel4/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
kernel options  : {}
architecture    : x86
ks metadata     : {}
breed           : redhat

profile         : rhel4x
distro          : rhel4
kickstart       : /media/hda6/rhel4/ks.cfg
kernel options  : {}
ks metadata     : {}
virt file size  : 5
virt ram        : 512
virt paravirt   : True
repos           :

And here is my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default:

DEFAULT local
PROMPT 1
MENU TITLE Cobbler | http://cobbler.et.redhat.com
TIMEOUT 200
TOTALTIMEOUT 6000
ONTIMEOUT local

LABEL local
        MENU LABEL (local)
        MENU DEFAULT
        LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL rhel4x
       kernel /images/rhel4/vmlinuz
       MENU LABEL rhel4x
       append ksdevice=eth0 lang= syslog=192.168.1.45:25150 text
initrd=/images/rhel4/initrd.img ks=
http://192.168.1.45/cblr/kickstarts/rhel4x/ks.cfg

Hope it helps.
Thanks in advance.