[et-mgmt-tools] Re: et-mgmt-tools Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon May 7 12:02:04 UTC 2007

Marc Mondragon wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I sort of knew this but wasn't sure completely sure when one can add the
> kopts/kmeta options (profile/system/??).
Any time.   Should you hack the files in /var/lib/cobbler manually (not
recommended now that "edit" exists) versus using the edit commands,
you'd have to run "cobbler sync" to make updates.

As it standards, "cobbler sync" still needs to be run after editing the
kickstart files or changing /var/lib/cobbler/settings, but otherwise the
needs for running that command have been greatly reduced.
> The addition of the edit
> command is a nice touch btw.

Thanks!