[et-mgmt-tools] What do you want in yum/channel management tools?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:25:48 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello et-mgmt-tools folks,
>
> Several of us have been thinking we need better free tools around
> channel (repo) management.  Many of you have been saying the same
> thing.   We are starting a new project (we're thinking about calling it
> 'surfr') to do just that.

One thing I would like to be able to do with yum is see what
architecture something is so I can deal with conflicts a bit easier
:). I am having to roll out x86_64 boxes..

I would also like for some ways to deal with multiple repositories
better.. I am of the opinion that mixing repo's is silly.. but what do
I know :). My customers want to be able to get things from
Free/Non-Free/Red/Blue/Orange repos however they want.. and we have to
clean up after them.