[et-mgmt-tools] dnsmasq

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu May 24 15:42:34 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:

> [...]
This is checked in now, if anyone interested in using dnsmasq with
cobbler would like to take a look at it ... I really like what I see so far.

git clone git://et.redhat.com/cobbler
make rpms

To enable this, go into /var/lib/cobbler/settings and add
(A) set 'manage_dhcp_mode' to 1
(B) set 'manage_dhcp_mode' = 'dnsmasq' (if you want to go back, change
to 'isc')

See the manpage notes before proceeding. If you have an existing dnsmasq
config, copy the relevant bits to /etc/cobbler/dnsmasq.template first so
it won't be overwritten.

Off to look at dynamic control options now...