[et-mgmt-tools] Summit Slides on appliances and on cft/puppet

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:30:32 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, David Lutterkort <dlutter at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 15:22 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > Also when will there be an update for cft :)?
>
> I released 0.2.1 on 5/8. Are there specific fixes you are looking for ?
>
> > Or is it waiting until puppet has password changing 'built' in?
>
> I am not sure what you are referring to there - are you talking about
> the capability to set passwords with the 'usre' resource ? That's
> actually in 0.22.4

Or at least cft getting those changes. I am working on a sample set of
puppet configurations that would mimic a chain of security
requirements for a set of group of say 5 system administrators and 20+
users. {FISMA -> STIG, PCI} so that a site auditor would know that
items were being met, and continually set.

In trying cft a few weeks ago, it didnt 'capture' the passwd changes I
had made to the pushed out accounts.. so wasnt sure that cft had what
it needed to see that shadow changes had been made.