[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler features

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:16:41 UTC 2007

Hi Miheal,

These sound like great options! The moment the "create install CD/DVD"
feature is ready I will be using it!! Thank you for being so open and
responsive to us the lowly end user :).

Question, you call it a 'netinstall cd' does that mean that the CD
would or would not contain  the install packages? If not, could that
be added as an option? i.e. cobbler --createcd-netinstall or
--createcd-mediainstall ... myinstall.iso? I would guess adding the
copy of the rpms from the repo would be a small bit of code.

I know I would use  both very heavily along with cobblers regular
pattern. In some cases it might be easier just to walk and or mail a
DVD to some places. Distributed group review of a system, testing
that's just 'plug in the cd and then run your tests, etc.

Thanks again!

Aaron