[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler/koan/python-cheetah blocking yum upgrade?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 16:23:45 UTC 2007

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007, at 15:39, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
>> Those packages are not in the f7 "core" repo you have, hence the
>> problem.
>
> python-cheetah is in there, at least. cobbler and koan are in the
> updates repo - I *think* yum does the right thing there, but maybe not.
>
> It could also be that I'm not using cobbler reposync properly -
> previously I was rsyncing mirrors with my own scripts, which I'm
> looking forward to abandoning in favor of cobbler's! Do these look
> appropriate?:

You really need to upgrade using the CD so Anaconda can come into the
picture, and then upgrade cobbler after you finish the CD install. I
don't believe yum upgrades from FC6 -> F7 were supposed to work.

(Fortunately, there are such a thing as upgrade kickstarts, if you need
to do a rollout to upgrade a lot of systems... so, yes, you could
technically use Cobbler to upgrade other systems via PXE and/or koan
after you get that done)