[et-mgmt-tools] does CENTOS5 import work in Cobbler ?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 16:02:57 UTC 2007

Martin Minka wrote:
> I imported CENTOS5 64bit DVD into Cobbler.
> cobbler import --mirror=/media/centos5 --name=C5_64
>
> When I am installing it installer stops on error
> http://xmltvproducer.sourceforge.net/anaconda.png.
>
> I would like to prove with somebody who installed CENTOS5 over cobbler
> that it works for him and that the problem is not cobbler and its
> import function.
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

I do imports and installs /quite/ often, as do many of the people who
hang out in #cobbler on irc.freenode.net ... it most definitely works :)

Perhaps you'd like to stop by and maybe we can help debug your problem?

Looks like Anaconda is getting fed something it doesn't like in your
kickstart file and/or kernel arguments, but it's hard to be sure with
just the information you provided.

Kickstart can be a little tricky but with a bit more information about
your kickstart file and the profile settings you used, it will probably
be very easy to figure out.

Thanks!