[et-mgmt-tools] anaconda crashes with cobbler-generated kickstart-file

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Nov 26 16:22:36 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying out cobbler.
>> 0.6.4-2 is installed (and configured).
>> I imported the RHEL5.1 repository from the DVD image.
>>

> The duplicate repo entries look wrong to me.    However, they
> shouldn't crash Anaconda.
>
> The question is... why are they in there twice?     Did you do the
> import using a previous cobbler version*?

Yes, 0.6.3 IIRC.
I've now found that the $yum_repo_stanza tag is responsible for it and
it has to be cleared before it works.
Then, there was this problem with LVM.
See my last post before the weekend for what actually worked in the end.
.
This was very puzzling for me.

It basically seems to work now, and is useful (and looking promising). I
must now try koan (because I  have some servers that can't do DHCP)

I may have more questions in the future ;-)

cheers,
Rainer