[et-mgmt-tools] network configuration - Cobbler add versus ksmeta

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 17:55:06 UTC 2007

Tom Brown wrote:

>> That's not a kickstart file, which is what I wanted to look at...
>>

> apologies -
>
> # cat /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts/CentOS-4.5-i386/ks.cfg

I just did the following and $nameserver evaluated fine in
/var/www/cobbler/kickstarts_sys/X/ks.cfg

cobbler system edit --name=X --ksmeta="nameserver=foo.example.org"

cat /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts_sys/X.ks.cfg | grep foo.example.org

Obviously it won't be evaluated in the profile kickstart because that
data was tacked on to the system, not the profile...