[et-mgmt-tools] Virt-Manager: Supporting additional para-virtual OS's

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 20:29:44 UTC 2007

Robert Nelson wrote:
> I spent some time reworking the virtinst code to support OpenSolaris and
> make it much easier to support additional OSes.  I've attached the patch
> file to get some feedback on the work so far.
>
> Unfortunately a bunch for the code from virtinst is duplicated in
> virt-manager in the Add Device code.  This means either moving it back
> to virtinst with the appropriate additional APIs or duplicating work in
> virt-manager.

Hi Robert,

Could you take a couple paragraphs explaining exactly how you reorganized
everything? And also I think posting the patch to its own thread will get
it more attention.

One small thing before you repost: __init__.py had ::LOCALEDIR:: replaced
with /usr/share/locale. This shouldn't be hardcoded and is filled in as
appropriate at build time by setup.py.

Thanks,
Cole

--