[et-mgmt-tools] python-cheetah templating not working for config.repo?

Shimizu Kuniaki kunkichi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:16:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I found repository settings when importing distribution might have
some troubles.

After importing distribution using "cobbler import", config.repo file
is generated, but it seems python-cheetah templating doesn't work for
"@@server@@" in config.repo file.

# cat /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/config/centos5-i386-0.repo
-----
[core-0]
name=core-0
baseurl=http://@@server@@/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
-----

# cobbler report
-----
distro          : centos5-i386
kernel          : /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
initrd          : /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
kernel options  : {}
architecture    : x86
ks metadata     : {'tree': 'http://@@server@@/cblr/links/centos5-i386'}
breed           : redhat
-----

I checked source files and gitweb and found that "@@something@@" is
not a bug, but for enabling templating feature for python-cheetah,
right?

Then, I guess python-cheetah doesn't work well...

I tried 2 cases:
  1. installing python-cheetah-2.0-0.1.rc8 from RPMforge.
  2. get python-cheetah-2.0-0.6.rc SRPM from mirror.linux.duke.edu and built.
In both cases, this happened.

Q: Is there any requirements for the version of python-cheetah?

Also, I tried to fix this using "cobbler distro edit" (because it
looked like generating config.repo might be using --ksmeta value.) I
replaced "@@server@@" with cobbler server's IP.

# cobbler distro edit --name="centos5-i386"
--ksmeta="tree=http://192.168.0.254/cblr/links/centos5-i386"
# cobbler sync

The result of "cobbler report", it seemed to be fixed, but
config.repos was not changed and still "@@server@@'" in config.repo
and /var/lib/cobbler/distro, both. That means config.repo is generated
only when distribution is imported, and will never re-generated by
"cobbler sync" based on cobbler's current settings.

Therefore, I manually fixed all the files which have "@@server@@" in
those, then everything works well.

Kuniaki Shimizu
kunkichi at gmail.com
-----
OS: CentOS5 (for both cobbler server and imported distribution)
Cobbler 0.6.2-2 (built from SRPM)