[et-mgmt-tools] python-cheetah templating not working for config.repo?

Shimizu Kuniaki kunkichi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:58:30 UTC 2007

Hi, Ben.
Thanks for reply.

2007/10/6, Riggs, Ben <rigg0022 at umn.edu>:
> Double check that the "server: 'you.host.name.here'" line in
> /var/lib/cobbler/settings is correct. Older rpms (and any make installs)
> re-write the file back to default. This bit me once as well.

I guess you suggetion is based on that I said "2 cases", right?

Actually, I tried to set up cobbler server from bare-metal, each time.
Therefore, /var/lib/cobbler/settings have never been re-written by
upgrade/downgrade RPM.

Currently, my settings are like these:

  -----
  next_server: '192.168.0.254'
  server: '192.168.0.254'
  -----

I specified cobbler server's IP' to server' and 'next_server'.
If this is incorrect, PXE would not succeed, but it did succeeded...

That's why I suspect python-cheetah doesn't work for my environment.

Anyway, Thanks.