[et-mgmt-tools] python-cheetah templating not working for config.repo?

Shimizu Kuniaki kunkichi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:15:17 UTC 2007

Hi, Michael.

Thanks, but it doesn't work...

You patched action_reposync.py, which replace those python-cheetah's
template valiables in repo files in "/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/".
Actually, "cobbler" reposync seemes to generate repo files correctly,
even without that patch.

These repo files are created by "cobbler repo add" and used for other
repositories to be updated, such as updates, extras and addons. But
repo files I mentioned are in "/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/config/",
which is created by "cobbler import" and used for "Base" repository.

After I sent the last mail, I checked source files and found that
action_import.py set "@@server@@" to repo file but no other files
replace it with the appropriate values.

So, in this case, action_import.py or action_sync.py should be patched, I guess.

# "Base" repository is not used for updating package installed, but
used for installing
# new packages which is not installed before.
# So, I think it can be used and should be generated correctly.

Sorry for my bad English ;(