[et-mgmt-tools] python-cheetah templating not working for config.repo?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 17:26:20 UTC 2007

Shimizu Kuniaki wrote:
> These repo files are created by "cobbler repo add" and used for other
> repositories to be updated, such as updates, extras and addons. But
> repo files I mentioned are in "/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/config/",
> which is created by "cobbler import" and used for "Base" repository.

Ok, I see.   As these are not generated by each sync, the Cheetah engine
isn't being run on them.   These should probably not have @@server@@ in
them.   I'll fix this.   (For those wondering what this is, these are
the repos that get installed on the provisioned machines for EL4/EL5
when the yum_core_mirror_from_server parameter is set).

> After I sent the last mail, I checked source files and found that
> action_import.py set "@@server@@" to repo file but no other files
> replace it with the appropriate values.
>
> So, in this case, action_import.py or action_sync.py should be patched, I guess.
>
> # "Base" repository is not used for updating package installed, but
> used for installing
> # new packages which is not installed before.
> # So, I think it can be used and should be generated correctly.
>
> Sorry for my bad English ;(

No apologies needed.   I'm not having any problems with it at all :)