[et-mgmt-tools] python-cheetah templating not working for config.repo?

Shimizu Kuniaki kunkichi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:51:33 UTC 2007

Thank You, Michael!

I've tested it with CentOS4.5, CentOS5, and Fedora 7, and works well.

2007/10/9, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com>:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
> If you have yum_core_mirror_from_server enabled *and* are on a laptop
> that moves around frequently (in terms of the server address), you may
> have to manually change the aforementioned repo config files when the
> hostname changes.  Otherwise, you'll be fine.

I will not move cobber server, and importing distribution is a kind of
one-time thing,
so that's OK. (I think cases like DHCP can be moved on a laptop may be
controversial
in terms of management and security, though it can be flexible in
terms of provisioning.)

> (In the future, this is probably something else that will become a
> Cheetah template -- the trend is to make pretty much all computer
> generated files templates throughout the program).

That makes cobbler commands more flexible and enables deploying in
various situations :)

Thanks.