[et-mgmt-tools] What's new in Cobbler development lately

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:48:38 UTC 2007

Hi Mike and gang,

These sound like some great enhancements. I was hoping the list and
yourself might help me work out some things.

I am going to be putting together a new infrastructure for the open
source group at my organization and I was thinking about setting up a
virt enviroment for my production services. Webserver,
development/project enviroment - i.e. svn, bugs, tickets, etc. most
likely trac or sourceforge - a gnumailman service, etc. I was thinking
that, if I did this, it might be smart to double up in a kind of virt
HA setup. Do you know anyone who has setup this type of thing and how
they are succeeding with it.

Also, for my testing and pre-deployment I was going to use another
virt env. This most likely wouldn't have to be HA.

I, of course, was going to use virt-manager to help manage this setup.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Specifically what level of hardware would really be needed for a
medium load - 10-15 projects - 100 general users etc. I was thinking
about a 2 cpu dual or quad core setup with a SAN for the virt images
etc. This would be the first deployment of an infrastructure which was
virt rather than individual systems. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron