[et-mgmt-tools] koan --virt: lvm support

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 15:08:37 UTC 2007

Johan Huysmans wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In March this year Fred posted a request on this mailinglist:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/et-mgmt-tools/2007-March/msg00119.html

Implemented.

See the documentation for --virt-path in the koan manpage.

> What is the status of this request, is it working in the latest version of koan?
>
> I noticed that it is now possible to use a logical volume as a disk,
> but it is also possible to use logical volumes on dom0 as partitions
> on domU?

There are three ways storage can be specified:

-- basic disk images on the filesystem (default behavior)
-- specifying a logical volume group that has free space in it, where
then koan will carve a paritition out of it named after the virtual machine
This allows for using a common LVM group for all your virtual machines,
which is rather useful.
-- specifying a specific partition for koan to use as storage.

I hope that answers the question!

Recently a few folks have been asking for ways to specify multiple
"disks" for their configurations ... and that's something I am going to
be looking at.