[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import - centos 4.5/64 rsync mirror path

Karl Balsmeier karl at Clickability.com
Fri Sep 7 00:21:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

In an attempt to grab a distro via rsync, I am doing the following command, substituting the servergoeshere for the real rsync mirror.

The problem is that I have no way to navigate down the tree far enough to actually make this work, because obviously my browser doesn't allow this protocol.

cobbler import --mirror=rsync://servergoeshere/path/to/distro --name=Centos45-64

I visit:  http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

and pick out a mirror:  rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/

but can't seem to give cobbler the proper path to the distro.  I navigated the http dir structure and tried to guess, but no dice.

What do you do when looking for the right path to give cobbler to a distro in rsync?

Do you use the rsync client?  is there a smart and useful command out there that reveals the right path to a distro on an rsync mirror?

-krb