[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import - centos 4.5/64 rsync mirror path

Peter Wright wright at imageworks.com
Fri Sep 7 00:27:26 UTC 2007

Karl Balsmeier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In an attempt to grab a distro via rsync, I am doing the following
> command, substituting the servergoeshere for the real rsync mirror.
>
> The problem is that I have no way to navigate down the tree far enough
> to actually make this work, because obviously my browser doesn't allow
> this protocol.
>
> cobbler import --mirror=rsync://servergoeshere/path/to/distro
> --name=Centos45-64
>
> I visit:  http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
>
> and pick out a mirror:  rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/
>
> but can't seem to give cobbler the proper path to the distro.  I
> navigated the http dir structure and tried to guess, but no dice.
>
> What do you do when looking for the right path to give cobbler to a
> distro in rsync?
>
> Do you use the rsync client?  is there a smart and useful command out
> there that reveals the right path to a distro on an rsync mirror?
>
> -krb

you can usually just FTP to these mirrors and grab the appropriate path
from there.  in this case you can actually goto
mirrors.kernel.org/centos via http as well.  then drill down to the
branch that you want to sync and you should be able to use that path for
your mirror switch.

-pete

--
Peter Wright