[et-mgmt-tools] Local cobbler install for closed cctv network

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 18:44:53 UTC 2007

kevin at intriguedsolutions.com wrote:
> Anyone have an idea why I cannot install cobbler 0.5.1 or 0.6.1 on a
> Fedora Core 6 install? I keep getting errors stating no network
> access, cannot find baseurl, and no packages were given.

This really isn't enough information to go on.    I'd need a rundown on
the steps you performed, what you have in your settings file, and so
on.   The easiest way to get
through this is probably to join #cobbler on irc.freenode.net, where I
or some other folks can help debug your setup.

> I tried editing out lines in the .repo files but doesn't sound like a
> thing to do. However, my job is closed network and I need to get an
> image server up fast. Our Red Hat 8 server is not sending the images
> anymore. I am new to Linux but I can catch on quick if I had some step
> by step instructions. Am I missing something?

Sounds like you've mirrored the wrong URLs to me, or have ran "cobbler
repo add" commands without the associated "cobbler reposync" to pull
content down.