[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-koan: installer asks for ip, netmask, gateway, dns

Jens Ahrens jensampol at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 16 23:21:53 UTC 2007

I'm running FC7 with
kernel-xen-2.6.20-2931.fc7
xen-libs-3.1.0-2.fc7
xen-3.1.0-2.fc7
cobbler-0.6.1-2.fc7

I'm trying to install a paravirtual machine
(Scientific Linux 4.5) with a fixed ip-address(no
private ip) and hostname and a kickstartfile
accessible via e.g. http (nfs would also be possible).
Everything seems to work, but the installation tries
to determine the IP for eth0, which ends up in a menu
asking for ip, netmask, gateway and dns.
If I do the input manually the installtion continue
using the values provided by my kickstart file.

How can I pass the values like ip, netmask, gateway
and dns to the SL4.5 installer, without having to type
them in manually?

Thanks in advance

      Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker. BE A BETTER HEIMWERKER! www.yahoo.de/clever