[et-mgmt-tools] virtmanager error when trying to connect on Ubuntu

Cameron Macdonell cam at cs.ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 17 18:20:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running KVM on Ubuntu and trying to get virtmanager running to
manage them.  I installed virt-manager and other than a gnome
warning, it brings up the interface.   I can see a single entry which
is my host machine name.  When I right-click and select "Connect", I
get a python error saying:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line
205, in _do_show_connect
     self.show_connect()
   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line
251, in show_connect
     self.windowConnect = vmmConnect(self.get_config(), self)
   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connect.py", line
54, in __init__
     default = virtinst.util.default_connection()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'default_connection'

Does anyone know what the problem is?  Am I missing a package?

Thanks,
Cam