[et-mgmt-tools] XenEnterprise, PXEBoot, and Koan....

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:37:19 UTC 2007

Hey all,
 I'm trying to figure out the best way to be able to pxeboot a Virtual
Machine on our XenEnterprise server and have it build itself using
cobbler.

 Since Xen doesn't do PXEBoot, I was reading up on Koan and the livecd
thinking I could make an ISO for Xen to boot from and then koan to the
cobbler server and 'Presto!' it's done.

 However, I'm having trouble building the LiveCD, but I think that's
mostly because I'm using Centos5 instead for FC7+.

 Anyways, is a good viable solution or am I going about this completely wrong?

Thanks for the feedback,
--Pat