[et-mgmt-tools] "yum_repo_stanza" duplicates same "repo" entry on kickstart file.

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 14:40:06 UTC 2007

Shimizu Kuniaki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fist of all, this is great tools. good job, guys.
>
> Well, I have a question about "$yum_repo_stanza" and
> "$yum_config_stanza" on a kickstart  template file.
>
> I went through the following steps:
>
> 1. Install cobbler.
>
> 2. Check and setup.
>
> 3. Import distro from CentOS5 DVD-ROM.

ok...

> 4. Then, checked kickstart files in /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts/centos5-i386
>
>    # cat /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts/centos5-i386/ks.cfg
>    ---
>    repo --name=centos5
> --baseurl=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5
>    repo --name=centos5
> --baseurl=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5
>    repo --name=centos5
> --baseurl=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5
>    ---

This doesn't look quite right, I'll investigate.

I did a c5-i386 DVD import the other day (for testing) and only saw one
repo show up (as intended).

RHEL5, however, should show up as 3-4 repos, due to the ways the trees
are split (seperate virtualization repo/tree on the DVD, etc).
Looks like, at least in your case, Cobbler became slightly confused.

> I think this is not harmless, but does mean nothing.
> But I don't know about python and I am not sure what this means.

It means the import most likely detected that you had a more complicated
DVD than it really was :)

It won't hurt anything, having the extra definitions, but yes, it would
be better if they were not there.

If you want to prune them manually just for now, look in
/var/lib/cobbler/distros and remove the extra "source repos" from the
list and
that will fix the yum configuration.   (I'd recommend backing up your
/var/lib/cobbler files before doing this).