[et-mgmt-tools] Two easy to fix bugs in cobbler

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Sep 25 15:02:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Both "bugs" are with cobbler-0.6.1-2 from Fedora.

First one :

Using "url --url $tree" in a kickstart file doesn't work with cobbler,
as it wants the equal sign : "url --url=$tree"... but both are valid
kickstart syntax, so cobbler should probably be fixed to allow both
syntaxes.

Second one :

The /etc/logrotate.d/cobblerd_rotate file should be fixed :
- Add "missingok" since otherwise a daily error is sent about no logs
existing if cobbler was installed but has never been run.
- Add ">/dev/null" to the restart line, to not get the useless output
by email. Alternately, "condrestart" could be used instead of the
test+restart, since it's implemented in the init script.

If I should bugzilla these to keep track of them, please let me know.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.30 0.25 0.28