[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler and Koan for _my_ needs

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Sep 26 18:11:10 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote :

> koan already supports specifying multiple virtual disks, which can use LVM.
> So you're ok there.
>
> (--virt-path)

Neat. I completely missed that, it seems.

> Cobbler is designed for central configuration, so it can be your MAC
> database.

Fair enough :-) I'll need to figure out the best way to have it "store"
the two MAC addresses for my Xen guests. I guess that's not possible
yet given your other comments, so when you implement the multiple
bridges support, please don't forget me! ;-)

[...]
> Yep, thanks for sharing... this now confirms there are at least two
> people who want
> control over two NICs, so it will be surely done now :) My main concern
> still is in expressing
> this configuration in a simple way without overly complicating the
> --virt-bridge parameter.
> It shouldn't be too difficult.
>
> Anyhow, look at the other features in the koan manpage and cobbler
> documentation to see how
> to do LVM, multiple disks, and so on.

Thanks for your answer!

I'll poke cobbler and koan some more, especially koan since you told me
that the bug preventing it from using xenbr1 was fixed in 0.6.2, so
I should be able to get further with it now, even if it can't (yet) set
up the two vifs I need automatically.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.48 0.48 0.42