[et-mgmt-tools] Adding / removing mice, tablets & displays in virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 00:37:34 UTC 2007

Code I have just pushed to the virt-manager mercurial repository has extended
the 'Add hardware' dialog to allow you to add mice, graphics tablets and
displays to a VM. Adding mice isn't particularly useful, but adding a graphics
tablet enables you to get a mouse which tracks 1-for-1 between the guest and
the host[1].  Adding a display allows you to take an existing VM which was
installed in text mode, and enable VNC support in it. With VNC support the
graphic console will appear within virt-manager, and with suitable config
can also be accessed from a remote host.

Regards,
Dan.

[1] Windows will configure it automatically. Linux requires use of 'evdev'
    driver in xorg.conf