[et-mgmt-tools] Starting again with a new cobbler server

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 21:49:47 UTC 2008

drew einhorn wrote:

> OSError: [Errno 36] File name too long:
> '/var/www/cobbler/profiles/ubuntu-7.10-desktop-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-casper-i386'
> Error deleting /var/www/cobbler/profiles/ubuntu-7.10-desktop-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-ubuntu-casper-i386
>
> I can probably figure out how to clean out /var/lib/cobbler using a
> text editor, and I'm pretty sure I can find a few more places that
> need to be cleaned out.  But I'm not sure I can find them all.

vi /var/lib/cobbler/distros and /var/lib/cobbler/profiles, then cd into
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror and possibly remove the ubuntu-googolplex and
that'll be it.

When editing the distros file, be sure to edit just the records for
those distros/profiles in question.

Also a good reason to keep a backup of /var/lib/cobbler around just in
case you ever need it...

I'm considering writing some sort of simple backup/restore facility into
a future version of cobbler since it's really just a few
directories/files we care about.