[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler GIT: patch for autodetection of arch during import

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 14:52:12 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Hi all
> 	Attached is a patch for your reviewing pleasure that checks for
> arch in "--mirror" url so if you don't set it using --arch, it tries to
> autodetect it.
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

There's already some auto-detection code for action_import.py ... there
was an open ticket open to add automatic arch detection
for repos though, in a very similar way.  I thought you were adding that
one.   (The --arch on "repo add" is there so yum's reposync
can download packages that differ from the local base arch)

Doing the check before if we can find it in the URL does make sense
though, as it prevents the need to do the scan.  I'll add
this and see if I can't do similar for "repo add".

Thanks!