[et-mgmt-tools] ANNOUNCE: Augeas - a configuration API

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 17:22:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 15:01 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Even if you convince upstream to adopt your grand unified configuration scheme

And therein lies the rub. I've been very careful to make sure that
Augeas' usability does not depend on any upstream adopting it - they
have perfectly valid reasons not to do that, starting with that they
can't tell which proposed scheme will actually work out (and therefore
deserve their support)

Augeas (or any similar config scheme) _has_ to be workable without
upstream support - it would be great if we get some eventually [1], but
we first need to prove that Augeas is worth their effort.

David

[1] And for now, it would really only require them shipping a schema
with their software, i.e. plonking one text file
into /usr/share/augeas/lenses