[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler reposync with different arch

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 19:05:19 UTC 2008

Adam Goodall wrote:

> All
>
> I’m having trouble getting cobbler to sync packages for an arch that
> is different to the cobbler servers own. I have cobbler running on an
> i386 box and for one of the repos I’m mirroring I want to pull down
> x86_64. However when the repository syncs down it will only pull the
> noarch RPM’s and completely ignores the x86_64 ones. I have the
> correct arch set for the repo as is shown in the output of cobbler
> repo report:

I missed this in the queue earlier. The arch parameter is needed for
reposync (part of yum, not to be confused with the cobbler reposync
which knows about both yum and rsync) to pull down files of a different
arch. I would file a bug with yumdownloader (see the
/usr/bin/yumdownloader) command below if you think it's not pulling down
the right packages.