[et-mgmt-tools] RFC Cobbler Purge command

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:27:12 UTC 2008

This is probably overkill, but as I am trying to install various
'channels' from DVD's I realized that I wanted to remove some DVD's
later and trying to track all the data down connected to it wasn't
something immediately known.

cobbler purge <distro|profile|repo|system> --name=<?> [--force]

Would be a way to 'wipe' out data from a system if it is no longer
needed (system may be overkill) but would allow for you to something
like

cobbler purge distro --name=rhel-4.6-as-xen-i386

WARNING: profile UNM-rhel4-xen-base is linked to distro rhel-4.6-as-xen-i386
WARNING: system xxx_unm_edu is linked to UNM-rhel4-xen-base
WARNING: system prn_unm_edu is linked to UNM-rhel4-xen-base

The user could then move those to other profiles (somehow). And if a
--force is done then they all are removed from the system removing all
the rpm directories in /var/www/cobbler etc connected to that profile.