[et-mgmt-tools] koan-installation hangs

Tim.Einmahl at kba.de Tim.Einmahl at kba.de
Mon Apr 21 08:06:18 UTC 2008

 Hi,

 I successfully installed cobbler and I can use it to install Redhat
Enterprise Linux
 over PXE over a dedicated interface on the cobblerserver.

 But I would like to also install virtual machines with koan over the
public interface of the cobblerserver, where I am stuck at the moment.

 I can start the installation with koan, but the problem is, that the
domU that is being created is not able
 to get an IP-Adress for the installation process over DHCP, because not
in every subnet there is a DHCP-Server.So the domU should have a static
ip-address for the installation process to be able to download the
kickstart-file.

 I tried to configure /var/lib/cobbler/settings with:

 kernel_options:
     ksdevice: link
     lang: ' '
     text: ~
     ip: 192.168.0.1
     netmask: 255.255.255.0
     network: static
     device: eth0

 The problem is, when the install-kernel boots, it hangs at
 XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51712
 XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
 Freeing unused kernel memory: 168k freed
 Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 360k

 Then nothing more happens and virt-manager only shows a blue screen.

 Do you have any idea what's going wrong ?

 Thanks in advance
 Kind Regards

 Tim