[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler reposync proxy issues

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 14:42:52 UTC 2008

Mathieu Sauve-Frankel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using cobbler 0.8.2 from EPEL on RHEL5-x86_64.
> It seems cobbler reposync does not respect proxy entries
> in /etc/yum.conf. Is this expected ?
>
> I've temporarily worked around this by adding a file that sets
> the http_proxy and ftp_proxy environment variables system-wide
> in /etc/profile.d/

Cobbler reposync uses either yum's reposync (http/ftp) or rsync
(rsync://, ssh) to do mirroring. Either way, those calls /are/ passed
through the shell, so environment variables are passed along -- so your
solution is fine.

If you think yum's reposync is not reading import settings in
/etc/yum.conf, that bug needs to be opened against yum-utils.