[et-mgmt-tools] Patches for cobbler and koan (for cobbler 0.9x)

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 14:49:03 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Hi
> 	Attached are a patch for cobbler missing the config entry to
> submited isc_set_host_name with default to 0.
>
> 	The patch for Koan is for being used with newer versions of
> cobbler 0.9x after Michael's patch for "svc/op=ks", as the path for the
> kickstart which koan uses, is "hard-coded".
>
> 	I think that the behaviour should be cobbler to provided the URL
> for the kickstart, removing dependencies between cobbler and koan, or at
> least, provide version number from cobbler to koan "client", for koan to
> construct URL's for kickstart, kernel, etc appropiately. ¿omments?
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

Well, the sync code reorganization is still in progress, and as per
ticket 108 which I opened up on myself, there is lots of testing to do
yet :)

It looks like your first koan patch is to an older version than what I
had checked in, so that will not be applied.    I will apply the second
one about the default value missing from settings.