[et-mgmt-tools] libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 07:06:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:51:31PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:36:25PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> >>So looking at what I posted previously, ex:
> >>
> >>   http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo
> >>
> >>";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML.  It is, right?  Any idea why that may

 To be a bit pedantic, no it's not valid which means conforming to a DTD
and the document has no DTD, but it is well formed which is the basic first
check that libvirt will do. You can verify well-formedness just by seeing no
error when passwd to xmllint --noout:

wei:~ -> xmllint --noout xen.xml
wei:~ ->

> Sure... http://cobbler.pastebin.com/f50f3fa63
>
>   1.
>      libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err
>      'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')
>   2.
>      virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
>      'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')

  if it was passed down to xend that means that libvirt didn't spot any
error.

Daniel