[et-mgmt-tools] koan network config patch

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 20:12:01 UTC 2008

The attached patch adds network configuration options to koan so that
it will add them to the kernel command line with --autonet.   This
makes it really trivial to install VM's with static networking from a
profile.

for vmnum in `seq -f%02g 0 99`
do
      let ip='vmnum + 16'
      domU="myvm-${vmnum}"
      koan -v -s cobbler -n -p centos5-xen -V $domU -P vgxen00 -A
--ip=192.168.9.$ip --netmask=255.255.255.0 --gateway=192.168.9.1
--hostname=$domU
done

While I could add the systems to cobbler with a similar loop then
install using a system, I don't really want to track all of these VM's
in cobbler.   Some are throw-away.  Some come and go too often for it
to be useful.    "Just use DHCP" is not the answer, due to a number of
issues, both technical and historical.

-Al