[et-mgmt-tools] PATCH KOAN: Add a reinstall entry in grub (Cobbler ticket #11)

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 19:57:27 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Hi all
> 	The attached patch for Koan will add a new command line
> "--add-reinstall-entry" that will use Koan to get a kernel, initrd,
> kickstart, etc to add a new entry called "Reinstall" on machines's grub
> not as default.
>
> 	Using that entry for booting, would be the same as running "koan
> -r --server=whatever; reboot"
>
> 	On each run, Koan will clean up those entries and set-up one, that
> will be the default for booting or not, depending on the
> "--add-reinstall-entry" presence or not (if present, not default boot)
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

Nice.

So as an example, suppose you wanted to, in kickstart, add an entry in
grub that would allow
you to reinstall the system, whenever you wanted, from the grub menu.

All you would have to do is...

%packages
koan  # or otherwise install the rpm with wget/rpm in %post if using
RHEL 3/4

%post
#set profilename =$getVar("profile",$name)
koan --server=$server --replace-self --add-reinstall-entry
--profile=$profilename

I'll apply this and add it to the Wiki under the koan section shortly.

Thanks!