[et-mgmt-tools] domu list?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Aug 24 12:31:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 04:24:34PM -0500, Mark Chaney wrote:

> Where virt-manager stores its xml file list of domu's it administrates? I
> need to change some paths and also add some domu's that I have imported.

virt-manager doesn't store persistent XML configs itself. The storage
mechanism is specific to the underlying hypervisor it is talking to.

The recommended approach to changing the config is to dump the existing
XML config toa file, edit it as desired, and then re-define it again.
eg

   virsh dumpxml VMNAME > VMNAME.xml
   vi  VMNAME.xml  (or emacs, or whatever)
   virsh define VMNAME.xml

The next version of libvirt will include a convenient 'virsh edit'
command which implements these 3 steps in one go.

Regards,
Daniel