[et-mgmt-tools] Sysdirector

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 20:28:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 11:28 -0400, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> I envisioned being able to template puppet/cfengine config files much in
> the same way that we do now for kickstart, snippets, etc.

If you need to generate config files from templates (and I think we all
agree that sometimes it's a necessary evail, but always evil), puppet
has builtin support for that, using Erb, ruby's templating engine.

And as others have said, Augeas is a much more preferrable way to
manipulate config files ;)

David