[et-mgmt-tools] running virt-manager

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:41:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:

> Paras pradhan wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > Now it has stopped complaining about import libvirt.I had to set the
> > PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> > But here comes the new error after i run 'virt-manager'
> > -----------
> > traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 346, in ?
> >     main()
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 287, in main
> >     from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in
> ?
> >     from virtManager.connection import vmmConnection
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
> 36,
> > in ?
> >     from virtManager.domain import vmmDomain
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 669
> >     finally:
> >           ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> > --------
> >
> > Thanks
> > Paras.
> >

> Ah, I take it you are using the virt-manager 0.6.0 release. There were
> some python2.5 specific pieces that crept into the release, so you will
> need to apply this patch:
>

> http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=a8cafeaa92a6
>
> Or you can try building from an upstream checkout.
>
> - Cole

Cole. thanks.. the patch worked and I can now see the GUI of virt-manager.

Now when I click the Domain-0 in virt-manager. I am having an err msg.

--
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 304, in

I have gtk-vnc-pythond installed.

NO idea what is going on.

Thanks
Paras.