[et-mgmt-tools] running virt-manager

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:29:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:

> Paras pradhan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have compiled libvirt using:
> > ./configure
> > make
> > make install
> >

> > And after that I have complied virt-manager using:
> >
> > ./configuire
> > make
> > make install
> >

> > The I added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf.d , ran ldconfig.
> >
> > Now when i run virt-manager
> >
> > I get the followiing error:
> >
> > ---
> > [root at ha1 ~]# virt-manager
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 26, in ?
> >     import libvirt
> > ImportError: No module named libvirt
> > [root at ha1 ~]#
> >
> > --
> >

> > What went wrong in here?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Paras.
> >

> You'll need to find out where libvirt 'make install' placed the python
> bindings (look for file 'libvirt.py'), and set the environment variable
> PYTHONPATH to that directory.
>
> - Cole

Thanks for the reply.

Now it has stopped complaining about import libvirt.I had to set the
PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
But here comes the new error after i run 'virt-manager'
-----------
traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 346, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 287, in main
    from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in ?
    from virtManager.connection import vmmConnection
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 36,
in ?
    from virtManager.domain import vmmDomain
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 669
    finally:
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
--------