[et-mgmt-tools] Changing items in /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/{MACADDRESS}

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 2 01:35:00 UTC 2008

We've got a bunch of Sun X4200 M2 systems, and on these systems, the
device physically labeled "NET0" actually comes up as eth2, when
booted from any RH-like operating system.

My problem is I can't determine a way of changing this value in the /
tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/MA:CA:DD:RE:SS file that gets generated by
cobbler.  I wind up with an entry like ...

	append ksdevice=eth0 lang=  console=ttyS0,9600n8 text
syslog=xxxxx.xxxx.xxx:25150 kssendmac  initrd=/images/rhel5Server-
x86_64/initrd.img ks=http://xxxxx.xxxx.xxx/cblr/kickstarts_sys/xxxxx.xxx.xxx/ks.cfg

I don't want to change the "default" file in there, because for most
of my systems, eth0 is the right device.  I tried setting --
kopts="ksdevice=eth2" but that didn't make a difference in the
pxelinux.cfg/... file.

Am I missing something obvious?  Thanks,

	-s-