[et-mgmt-tools] OS type detection in virt-install/virt-manager

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 08:38:11 UTC 2008

Hello,
I was looking at the recent code in OSDistro.py
Can we switch to using the new .treeinfo file and the information there
instead of the current if hasFile() mechanism?
The .treeinfo provides with all the information needed to detect the
family type (Fedora, RHEL, CentOS ???) and boot images location.
Also improve the acquire$FILE functions with that information.

In case this is not found then we may fall back to the current code.

The reason I'm requesting this: in newer Fedora repos the packages dir
is simply called "Packages" but not "Fedora" and wrt remixing tools it
may be called with any name I think. OSDistro.py uses the presence of
fedora.css in the repo to decide on a Fedora distribution. This file
is not essential to the install process and may be missing in some repos.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Alexander.