[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler rename

Chris Sarginson - Technical Support chris.sarginson at ukfast.net
Tue Feb 19 15:12:07 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I've just used the cobbler (distro) rename feature for the first time,
and have picked up a couple of things about it that could be handled
better IMVHO

Although it renames *most* files/links it leaves the symlink in
/var/www/cobbler/links/ and the folder /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/ with
the original name - I appreciate that this is more of a "vanity" request
than a functionality one, having (what are essentially) randomly named
folders following the rename is not a great solution.

This has all come about as I have had need to update the installer used
for Centos 5 and RHEL 5 to use Update 1 due to the inclusion of
additional network drivers that are included in this, and rather than
mess around recreating all my profiles for RHEL/Centos I decided to move
the Centos/RHEL 5.0 and then put the 5.1 import in its place.

Have I been clear about what I meant here?  Is there any chance of this
behaviour being adjusted?  I don't currently *get* python, so if anybody
could point me in the direction of some good resources for learning they
would be gratefully received.

--
Kind regards

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545

"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" ISPA Awards 2007, 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester, M1 4BT
Registered in England. Number 384 5616