[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-0.6.5-3.el4 - xen virt trouble

Msquared 1.cobbler at msquared.id.au
Mon Feb 25 16:30:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:55:37PM +0000, Tom Brown wrote:

> I cant - i dont have X avilable to me - So i cant look at the console if
> i dont have X ?

If you have X on another machine, you can do something like this:

  vncviewer -via virtualhost localhost`ssh root at virtualhost virsh vncdisplay virtualguest`

Where:

  * virtualhost is the physical machine
  * virtualguest is the Xen guest you are trying to connect to

If you don't have X (ie: your desktop workstation is Windows), then you
can do the same thing, but it's a little more fiddly:

  1.  SSH into the host as root and run "virsh vncdisplay virtualguest"
      to find out what display virtualguest is using (eg: ":2")

  2.  Add 5900 to the number from step 1 (eg: 5902).

  3.  SSH into the host again, but forward any local port to the port
      number from step 2.  (eg: forward 5905 to 5902)  [Note that PuTTY
      can forward ports for you]

  4.  VNC to the forwarded port on the local host (eg: 5905).

Regards, Msquared...