[et-mgmt-tools] new cobbler install

Michael Harrison mrpquter at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 21:07:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just added cobbler to an existing, working pxe server with the
expectation that it will handle the ks, dhcp, and tftp configuration
with one interface. Am I on the right track understanding what cobbler
does ?

This pxe server has dhcp / tftp / ks files, as I mentioned. The distro
bits come from another server via ftp and http, so distros are not kept
on the pxe server.

A "cobbler check" comes back with the following:

reposync is not installed, need for cobbler reposync, install/upgrade
yum-utils?

yumdownloader is not installed, needed for cobbler repo add with
--rpm-list parameter, install/upgrade yum-utils?

In my setup, as described above, do I need to install reposync and
yumdownloader ? By name they seem to be useful only if I served the
distros from the pxe / cobbler server.

Cheers.
-Mike