[et-mgmt-tools] new cobbler install

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 15:34:59 UTC 2008

Michael Harrison wrote:
> Michael, thank you for the quick help.
>
> So "cobbler repo add" is for the case where the repo is on the cobbler
> server. But don't I need to "cobbler import
> --available-as=ftp://server:/path ?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

Not in this case, actually.

Import does use createrepo when using rsync, because the
/etc/cobbler/rsync.excludes file may remove some packages that are
deemed unneccessary -- so we run createrepo
to repair what we have rebuilt as well as to make packages in the
install tree (that are not yet in an upgrades repo) also available as a
yum repository.

It probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and install it in case you might
want it later.    If using EL4, this package should be available in EPEL
or EPEL testing.