[et-mgmt-tools] Installation issue with cobbler

Viswanath T K viswanath.t at atc.tcs.com
Thu Jan 10 11:42:19 UTC 2008

Hi ,

I have been trying to do a network installation using cobbler.
The steps I followed are:
1. On machine A, I have DHCP server, cobbler, tftp-server, apache
installed and working.
2. On Machine A, I have created a cobbler distribution, profile and
system and edited the content of the var/lib/cobbler/settings.
3. In the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/ directory there is a file by name
default. whose contents are as follows:

DEFAULT local
PROMPT 1
MENU TITLE Cobbler | http://cobbler.et.redhat.com
TIMEOUT 200
TOTALTIMEOUT 6000
ONTIMEOUT local

LABEL local
        MENU LABEL (local)
        MENU DEFAULT
        LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL fc7xenwebservers
        kernel /images/fc7xen/vmlinuz-2.6.20-2936.fc7xen
        MENU LABEL fc7xenwebservers
        append ksdevice=eth0 lang=  kssendmac syslog=192.168.122.1:25150
text  initrd=/images/fc7xen/initrd-2.6.20-2936.fc7xen.img
ks=http://192.168.122.1/cblr/kickstarts/fc7xenwebservers/ks.cfg

4. Machine B is a raw machine which I boot using the Onboard Network
Controller.
5. Machine B boots and then it is assigned an IP by the DHCP server
present on Machine A.
6. I can see the boot prompt and there I type menu. I see the screen as
below :

I need to select between local & fc7xenwebservers

7. When I select fc7xenwebservers then I get the error, "Invalid or
corrupt kernel image". Can anyone help me ?
   If I select local nothing happens.

Contents of the file /var/lib/cobbler/settings

bootloaders:
    ia64: /var/lib/cobbler/elilo-3.6-ia64.efi
    standard: /usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0
default_kickstart: /etc/cobbler/default.ks
default_virt_type: auto
dhcpd_bin: /usr/sbin/dhcpd
dhcpd_conf: /etc/dhcpd.conf
dnsmasq_bin: /usr/sbin/dnsmasq